Friday, October 3, 2008

Cari's Birthday Party






























My friend Cari has the twins and the four-year-old and her husband is deployed. It's a big deal in their family to have big birthday parties even for the adults. I told her that I wanted to bake a cake and help her celebrate the day. So, she invited some of the people in a playgroup she's in to come out to the park and bring picnic lunches and help celebrate. I made her a carrot cake, chocolate cupcakes for the kids and a fruit display that attracted so many bees that it didn't stay set up long. Who knew bees in October?? Here are some of the pictures... Andrew played on the playground for the first time ever...he had a ball! He went down the slide with me and there was a big belly laugh as we slid down. He had a great time---until he'd had enough.

No comments: